Rostering Controller / Officer
We’re looking for dynamic people to join our Flight Operations Planning team. We have positions available for a Rostering Controller and Rostering Officer .
We’re on a journey as a new company taking the much-loved flybe brand into a new era. Putting our customers and team mates at the heart of everything we do, our motto is ‘smile and go the extra mile’..
We are in the business of serving the demand for faster and easier connections in a friendly, responsible, and sustainable way. Our talented people are the key to our success and future ambitions, come and join our super hardworking and friendly team.
We’re inclusive and at flybe you can really be yourself. We celebrate and value the differences that make us all unique
You will be primarily responsible for roster creation with safety as the key focus for our Pilot & Cabin Crew colleagues. The successful applicant will be required to deliver fair and equitable rosters in a cost-conscious manner.
- Construction of crew rosters from planning of required training and booking of annual leave through to the assignment of flights. Ensuring all quality and productivity checks are completed prior to roster publication.
- Delivering appropriate and timely progress reports to the Operations Planning Supervisor during the roster construction period.
- Ensuring that rosters are constructed in accordance with the most up to date rule sets and fully compliant with all company policy and standards rules.
- On-time publication of crew rosters.
- Maintaining an up to date understanding of roster production procedures, applying them to all crew rosters.
- Maximising the efficiency of crew rosters and minimising variable spend.
- Point of contact for Pilot and Cabin Crew general queries.
To be considered for the Controller role, you’ll need to have:-
- Previous experience in an airline planning environment with strong knowledge of EASA Flight Time Limitations
- Excellent knowledge and use of AIMS crew management software
- Excellent knowledge of Flight Time Limitations.
- Excellent knowledge of Crew Training requirements.
- Very good knowledge of Fatigue Management techniques.
The Officer role does not necessarily require the above knowledge, however we would like to see applications from people with an interest in aviation planning, an organised and methodical approach and a desire to learn.
We will determine during the application process your suitability for either role.
For both roles, you’ll need to….
- Be proficient in use of Microsoft Office particularly Word, Excel, Outlook
- Be highly organised with well-developed time management and prioritisation skills
- Have excellent communication skills, be self motivated, enthusiastic and show versatility
- Have high quality standards with an excellent attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
If you have a qualification in mathematics and/or reporting/analysis experience this will be an added advantage.
In return, we’ll offer you an environment where you can really thrive and develop further as we grow. It’s a really exciting time to join the business where you will have the ability to make an impact and help flybe be successful.
Important details to know
You will be required to have the right to live and work within the UK.
Our Head Office is based in Birmingham, however flexibility on location will be considered and can be discussed during the interview process.
Salary £21,000 -28,000 depending on experience
The closing date for this role is 1st April but please don’t delay in sending your CV as we’d love to start reviewing applications straight away and may close the advert early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.