We’ve taken to the skies and are looking for an OCC Controller to join our team. You will be vital to the day-to-day running of the operation, liaising with stakeholders to ensure our customers arrive at their destination on-time and with minimal disruption.
We’re on a journey as a new company taking the much-loved flybe brand into a new era. Putting our customers and team mates at the heart of everything we do, our motto is ‘smile and go the extra mile’.
We are in the business of serving the demand for faster and easier connections in a friendly, responsible, and sustainable way. Our talented people really are the key to our success and future ambitions. At flybe you can really be yourself and we celebrate and value the differences that make us all unique.
You will administer the company flying programme and manage operational flight plans, aircraft movements, and crew rosters. The OCC Controller is critical to maintaining regulatory compliance and ensuring our punctuality targets are met.
- Monitoring the flight programme, manipulating planned aircraft flying and maintenance to minimise delays and achieve operational targets
- Managing the flight planning process, from production of flight plans to reroutes and ATC slot Ensuring cost effective routing and liaising with crew and ATC to minimise delays
- Problem solving and commercial awareness especially at times of operational disruption to provide the most effective solutions for our customers
- Maximising crew resources effectively, ensuring the flying programme is achieved by monitoring the actual flight schedule identifying irregularities and find a suitable alternative solution
- Acting as a key point of contact for all crew members whist on duty
- Managing the daily administration of rosters including arranging, revising and cancelling crew hotels and travel requirements
- Creating an environment so everyone can flourish and perform to a high and consistent standard, motivating, engaging and coaching
- Undertaking both day and night-shifts.
You’ll have previous experience as an Operations Controller and/or Crewing Controller where you are used to handling the complexities of a fast-paced operational environment.
A knowledge of aircraft operations, crew control, air traffic and airline operating procedures is required, along with being conversant with EASA regulations and Flight Time Limitations.
You’ll be highly organised and have the ability to remain calm when reacting quickly to events, using your prioritisation and well developed time management skills. Also key to your success in this role will be your excellent communication skills and your ability to build and manage relationships at all levels to ensure collaborative working.
It will be great if you have Knowledge of AIMS and PPS operations systems, a FAA/GCAA Dispatch Licence or PPL/ATPL Ground-School Studies, UKOMA Ops Officer Course Completion and/or experience working for a Ground Handling Agent.
Things to know
In addition to the salary package, you will receive rewards that include a pension scheme, health & wellbeing cash plan including an employee assistance programme, staff travel benefits, access to elearning and free car parking. You’ll also have the chance to work in an environment where you can really thrive and develop further as we grow. It’s a really exciting time to join the business where you will have the ability to make an impact and help flybe be successful.
The closing date for this role is 25th August 2022 but please don’t delay in sending your CV as we’d love to start reviewing applications straight away and may close the advert early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.