Maintenance Control Centre / AOG Engineer
We’ve taken to the skies and are looking for a Maintenance Control Centre / AOG Engineer to join the Technical team.
We’re on a journey as a new company taking the much-loved Flybe brand into a new era. Putting our customers and team mates at the heart of everything we do, our motto is ‘smile and go the extra mile’.
We are in the business of serving the demand for faster and easier connections in a friendly, responsible, and sustainable way. Our talented people are the key to our success and future ambitions, come and join our super hardworking and friendly team.
We’re inclusive and at flybe you can really be yourself. We celebrate and value the differences that make us all unique.
Working as part of a highly experienced specialist team, you will rotate between Maintenance Control and AOG recovery support. You will ensure continued airworthiness and serviceability of all Flybe aircraft. You will coordinate operational maintenance, ensuring line maintenance is completed to a high standard and within timescales, maintaining oversight of fleet performance, maximising utilisation and avoiding operational disruption. You will provide Technical guidance and advice to Engineers and Flight Crew . When rostered to support AOG recoveries you will attend in short notice to locations throughout the United Kingdom and Europe.
- Act as the main point of contact between Engineering and Operations
- Building effective working partnerships across both internal and external functional departments
- Ensuring all documentation and its certification is completed in a timely manner and to the defined procedures to meet company procedures and legislation
- Ensuring continuous population of the Maintenance Information System
- Oversee short term planning for the Flybe Fleet up to A check
- Providing troubleshooting advice by reference to related publications, historical data or through liaison with equipment and platform expertise as required
- Tracking aircraft technical status and monitoring for aircraft repetitive defects, implementing corrective action.
- Supporting and assisting with investigations into safety incidents, reports and audit findings where relevant/appropriate
- Perform Customer Acceptance on post maintenance aircraft
- Perform swift effective recoveries of AOG aircraft
- Perform Maintenance Representative duties for Base Maintenance inputs.
- Perform Aircraft Pre-Lease Technical Inspections
You’ll need a Part 66 B1 or B2 AML with a Type Rating on the Q400 and experience of working in a demanding Commercial Aviation Part M, Line or Base Maintenance team environment. You will have excellent communication skills and be able to work under pressure to demanding deadlines.
Other essential skills required:-
- Ability to work a shift pattern on day shift and night shift
- Diligent and methodical experience of producing detailed reports, clear work instructions and concise technical advice
- Proven technical problem-solving experience
- Excellent communication skills, particularly the ability to understand complex concepts and communicate them clearly to technical and non-technical audiences
- Self-sufficient and able to make risk-based decisions
- A proactive team player who can also work independently and demonstrates flexibility
Great to have’s:-
- Part CAMO experience/completed training
- AMP/MSG3 completed training
In return, we’ll offer you an environment where you can really thrive and develop further as we grow. It’s a really exciting time to join the business where you will have the ability to make an impact and help flybe be successful.
The closing date for this role is 5th June 2022 but please don’t delay in sending your CV as we’d love to start reviewing applications straight away and may close the advert early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.