Finance Business Partner
We’re looking for a qualified Accountant to join the Finance team as Finance Business Partner . Reporting into the Director of Finance, you will deliver a professional service to the Technical team.
This is a permanent vacancy, however for individuals who are immediately available we will consider a 6 month Fixed Term Contact or Temp to Perm.
We’re on a journey as a new company taking the much-loved flybe brand into a new era. Putting our customers and team mates at the heart of everything we do, our motto is ‘smile and go the extra mile’.
We are in the business of serving the demand for faster and easier connections in a friendly, responsible, and sustainable way. Our talented people really are the key to our success and future ambitions. At flybe you can really be yourself and we celebrate and value the differences that make us all unique.
Working closely with the Director of Finance and wider Finance team to deliver business objectives to key business areas which will be achieved by advising and influencing decision making through best practice and timely data and insight.
You will combine your accounting skills with effective management and concise communication to both financial and non-financial management.
Your key responsibilities will be:-
Supporting & Driving Business Performance
- Contributing to the delivery of flybe’s financial performance through identification of trends, insights and opportunities for the purpose of improving business performance
- Producing detailed monthly management accounts, variance analysis and commentaries to support decision making
- Working with key stakeholders across the business ensuring financial information supports business decisions – business partnering
- Managing and monitoring finance related contracts, including dealing with any issues, disputes or renewals
- Preparation and management of reports required for third party contractual requirements
Business Planning & Budgeting
- Co-ordinating and directing the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts. Commissioning and undertaking budgeting analysis, budgeting and forecasting activities
Establishing & Maintaining Effectiveness of Systems & Controls
- Implementing, developing, and promoting the Finance system ensuring the system responds to business and commercial needs
- Ensuring appropriate and effective controls implemented covering all financial transactions and associated financial reporting
You will be a fully qualified Accountant with experience in business partnering in a fast-paced, consumer facing environment, preferably in an aviation environment, however we will consider people from other industries.
- A relevant Accountancy Qualification, e.g. Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) or the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW).
- Significant experience in monthly and annual reporting
- Proven experience producing budgets and forecasting
- Advanced skills of analysis and interpretation
- Stock and asset management experience within the a Finance team would be advantageous
- Advanced Excel skills and competent experience of Microsoft Office Suite, experience of effectively working with finance systems and applications and able to adapt and learn new systems and continuously developing systems for lean and straightforward processes
You’ll have the ability to influence at all levels, whilst also being a team player and sharing best practice. You’ll be able to work under pressure and manage own priorities in an organised way.
If you have experience in either the aviation or a similar start up company where you have experience of setting up new systems and processes , this would be advantageous.
Things to know
You’ll receive a rewards package that includes a pension scheme, health & wellbeing cash plan including an employee assistance programme, staff travel benefits, elearning opportunities and free car parking onsite. You’ll also have the chance to work in an environment where you can really thrive and develop further as we grow. It’s a really exciting time to join the business where you will have the ability to make an impact and help flybe be successful.
The closing date for this role is 6 October 2022 but please don’t delay in sending your CV as we’d love to start reviewing applications straight away and may close the advert early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.