We’ve taken to the skies and are looking for a Crewing Manager to join our team.
We’re on a journey as a new company taking the much-loved flybe brand into a new era. Putting our customers and team mates at the heart of everything we do, our motto is ‘smile and go the extra mile’..
We are in the business of serving the demand for faster and easier connections in a friendly, responsible, and sustainable way. Our talented people are the key to our success and future ambitions, come and join our super hardworking and friendly team.
We’re inclusive and at flybe you can really be yourself. We celebrate and value the differences that make us all unique
You will be responsible for output of the crewing team, critical to delivering a punctual, safe and legal operation. In addition, you will be accountable for cost-control and commercial implications.
This role, within the heart of our airline, is critical to achieving departmental and company KPI’s and targets.
- Ensuring all crew are given a fair and balanced roster within agreed tolerance levels.
- Proactively communicating to all stakeholders, offering solutions, keeping operational costs to a minimum.
- Monitoring the company’s compliance with the flight time limitations scheme through statistical analysis.
- Liaising with aircrew management to ensure that any crewing issues are promptly addressed.
- Liaising with training management, maintaining the integrity of rostered training activities.
- Monitoring the OCC Team compliance with FTL set by the company and authorities.
- Reviewing rostering practices to improve efficiencies and management of Crew fatigue.
- Supporting Operations Planning in the delivery of the aircrew rosters.
- Assessing learning and development needs, creating plans to support development and deliver appropriate skills mix to promote continuity and succession planning.
You’ll have significant experience as either a Crewing Manager or as a Crewing Controller who is ready to take their next step.
This coupled with your comprehensive knowledge of Flight Time Limitations, the ability to handle the complexities of a fast-paced operational environment and excellent leadership skills will set you up ready for success.
You’ll also be highly organised and have the ability to remain calm when reacting quickly to events, using your prioritisation and well developed time management skills. Equally important is your excellent communication skills and your ability to build and manage relationships at all levels to ensure collaborative working.
It will be great if you knowledge of AIMS or other crew scheduling software.
In return, we’ll offer you an environment where you can really thrive and develop further as we grow. It’s a really exciting time to join the business where you will have the ability to make an impact and help Flybe be successful.
To be part of our exciting journey, please apply now, we can’t wait to hear from you!
The closing date for this role is Monday 2nd May 2022 but please don’t delay in sending your CV as we’d love to start reviewing applications straight away and may close the advert early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.