We’re taking to the skies and are looking for a talented Compliance Manager to join the Safety & Compliance team.
We’re on a journey as a new company taking the much-loved flybe brand into a new era. Putting our customers and team mates at the heart of everything we do, our motto is ‘smile and go the extra mile’..
We are in the business of serving the demand for faster and easier connections in a friendly, responsible, and sustainable way. Our talented people are the key to our success and future ambitions, come and join our super hardworking and friendly team.
We’re inclusive and at flybe you can really be yourself. We celebrate and value the differences that make us all unique
You will be responsible for ensuring that flybe’s activities are monitored for compliance with the applicable regulatory and company requirements, and that these activities are being carried out properly under the supervision of the relevant head of functional area.
Key responsibilities include:
- To review the effectiveness of established controls and mitigating actions by ensuring these are included within the Compliance Monitoring Programme
- To determine, through the Compliance Monitoring Programme, the effectiveness of the SMS
- To ensure the audit team are sufficiently skilled to identify hazards during their work
- With the applicable nominated person, ensure appropriate timescales are assigned to non-conformances as these could, if not addressed, result in a safety event
- Raise any safety concerns with the Accountable Manager and Head of Safety & Compliance
- Developing and carrying out an effective and realistic compliance monitoring programme for the AOC/ATO and CAMO approvals
- Ensuring the compliance monitoring programme (audit schedule) is adhered to
- The review and improvement of the compliance monitoring programme
- Liaising with the UKCAA and other relevant external entities regarding the compliance monitoring function
- The implementation of the compliance monitoring programme and the raising of any observed non-compliances, or highlighting of poor standards, to the attention of the applicable postholder and relevant manager
- The maintenance of a team of suitably qualified internal auditors and their training/competency records.
- The amendment and control of the Compliance Monitoring Manual and associated departmental procedures
- Administration of audit recording software
- To report any safety/security hazards identified during any compliance monitoring activity, both within the company and for contracted activity
You will come from a similar role where you have gained a significant amount of experience within an airline or aviation related industry. You may be an Aviation Compliance Manager currently or have been in a Senior Compliance Auditor role for some time and ready for your next step.
Your experience must include compliance management, regulatory auditing and knowledge of IOSA requirements. As we are a new business, it’s important that you are comfortable with the development and implementation of new policies, processes and procedures.
Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent, you will also have completed a recognised lead auditor course and completed training on compliance management systems.
You will have people management responsibilities so strong leadership, excellent communication skills and an interest in developing people is key.
To be successful you’ll have excellent interpersonal skills and the confidence to effectively challenge at all levels when required. Coupled with you ability to initiate, plan and deliver projects with minimum oversight and at a fast pace.
In return, we’ll offer you an environment where you can really thrive and be part of a high performing team. It’s a really exciting time to join the business where you will have the ability to make an impact and help flybe be successful.
Things to know..
The closing date for this role is 6th June 2022 but please don’t delay in sending your CV as we’d love to start reviewing applications straight away and may close the advert early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
You must have the eligibility to live and work in the UK