Airport Services Training Officer
This position is a hybrid role and you will be required to live and be based within close proximity to either the Birmingham or Belfast City airports. You will also need to be flexible to travel to our other bases. This can be discussed further through the recruitment process.
We’ve taken to the skies and are looking for a talented Airport Services Training Officer to join the Airports team here at flybe.
We’re on a journey as a new company taking the much-loved flybe brand into a new era. Putting our customers and team mates at the heart of everything we do, our motto is ‘smile and go the extra mile’.
We are in the business of serving the demand for faster and easier connections in a friendly, responsible, and sustainable way. Our talented people are the key to our success and future ambitions, come and join our super hardworking and friendly team.
We’re inclusive and at flybe you can really be yourself. We celebrate and value the differences that make us all unique.
You will work closely with both the regional and local management teams to identify and deliver on training requirements. You will also be responsible for the delivery of a robust training plan for internal and external parties and the management of training records.
You will ensure all training for the airports and cargo team is up to date and compliant with regulatory requirements as well as ensuring our contracted partners are trained to perform the functions involved in the turnaround of a flybe aircraft.
Key responsibilities: –
- Create and deliver a robust training schedule for the airports and cargo department and our contracted service providers
- Delivery of training material for the flybe product, our departure control and reservations system, and weight and balance system
- Delivery of flybe training material both internally and externally in line with the training schedule which may be classroom based and computer based
- Provision of onsite support and training to the regional management team, airports and service providers in areas of product, departure control, weight and balance, aircraft handling and the operation of passenger and cargo doors
- Ensure all aspects of training is compliant and up to date in line with company and regulatory requirements
- Organise courses both on and off site, including organising training facilities and associated travel
- Ensure all training records are kept up to date and tracked
You’ll have a training background and have worked in a similar role within an aviation environment which could include airport operations, passenger service experience, airline ops.
You’ll be a team player with a genuine passion for the delivery of best in class training, an excellent attention to detail and a positive can-do attitude.
Experience must include:-
- Aviation experience
- Train the Trainer (TTT) qualification or equivalent experience
- Ability to work across multiple functions (Passenger, Ramp and Cargo operations)
- Able to travel extensively across the flybe network to support the delivery of training, upskilling and coaching
Great to have’s: –
- Knowledge of dangerous good handling and weight and balance
- Dangerous goods qualification (must be willing to undertake qualification if not already qualified)
- Knowledge of departure control systems including the ability to learn and operate iFlyRES, iFlyDCS & eDCS.
In return, we’ll offer you an environment where you can really thrive and develop further as we grow. It’s an exciting time to join the business where you will have the ability to make an impact and help Flybe be successful.
The closing date for this role is 15th June but please don’t delay in sending your CV as we’d love to start reviewing applications straight away and may close the advert early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
You must have the eligibility to live and work in the UK