Airport Operations and Procedures Manager
We’re taking to the skies and are looking for an experienced Airport Operations Manager to join the flybe Airport team here at Birmingham Airport.
We’re on a journey as a new company taking the much-loved Flybe brand into a new era. Putting our customers and team mates at the heart of everything we do, our motto is ‘smile and go the extra mile’..
We are in the business of serving the demand for faster and easier connections in a friendly, responsible, and sustainable way. Our talented people are the key to our success and future ambitions, come and join our super hardworking and friendly team.
We’re inclusive and at flybe you can really be yourself. We celebrate and value the differences that make us all unique
Responsible for the management and coordination of the efficient performance of Airport Operations at Birmingham Airport through effective systems, procedures and management of third party providers in full accordance with safety, compliance and flybe standards.
Key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the operational and customer service performance at Birmingham Airport in overseeing the Ground Handling Agent and provide liaison with other suppliers , partners and airport authorities.
- Ensure the processes and procedures are efficient, meeting targets and clearly communicated to all our service partners .
- Support other network airports as part of a regional overview and develop relationships with the local service providers at the those designated airports.
- Maintaining and managing operational systems through formulation, creation, maintaining and review of departmental policies, procedures and standardised forms.
- Investigating performance, safety and compliance events, recommending appropriate action where necessary to ensure company risks levels are reduced to appropriate levels.
- Undertaking the role of Emergency Response Plan (ERP) Coordinator for Airport Operations, ensuring the department is prepared to response to any crisis, and that regular tests and exercises are planned and executed to maintain competence.
- Preparing, monitoring and controlling departmental statistics through review and team performance to create, collect and prepare reports on safety for Ground Operation.
You’ll come from a similar role where you have gained a significant amount of experience within Airport , Airline or Ground Handling management including Operations. You’ll hold a relevant qualification in an aviation safety discipline or have equivalent experience including a good working knowledge of safety management and compliance systems.
You’ll have a positive can-do attitude with excellent inter-personal and team work skills with the ability to work across functions and support diverse business areas. You’ll be self managing and able to work under pressure and manage your own priorities in an organised way. You’ll also be competent working with Microsoft Office Suite.
If you have a Dangerous Goods qualification, preferably up to Cat 6 level and a Train the Trainer qualification or equivalent experience of training design and delivery , this will be advantageous but not essential.
In return, we’ll offer you an environment where you can really thrive and be part of a high performing team. It’s a really exciting time to join the business where you will have the ability to make an impact and help flybe be successful.
Things to know
The closing date for this role is 18th April 2022 but please don’t delay in sending your CV as we’d love to start reviewing applications straight away and may close the advert early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
You must have the eligibility to live and work in the UK