Airline Spares Controller
We’ve taken to the skies and are looking for an Airline Spares Controller to join the Technical team. This role will be based in our Birmingham HQ and will be shift based (days/nights)
We’re on a journey as a new company taking the much-loved Flybe brand into a new era. Putting our customers and teammates at the heart of everything we do, our motto is ‘smile and go the extra mile.
We are in the business of serving the demand for faster and easier connections in a friendly, responsible, and sustainable way. Our talented people are the key to our success and future ambitions, come and join our super hardworking and friendly team.
We’re inclusive, and at Flybe, you can be yourself. We celebrate and value the differences that make us all unique.
You’ll be responsible for controlling inventory and materials for maintenance inputs, including cost efficiency and planning, enabling scheduled and unscheduled maintenance to be performed effectively. You’ll be organizing and managing inventory using the Flybe Maintenance Information systems (MIS) and reporting on performance and cost.
Key responsibilities: –
- Provide material support to MROs and Line Maintenance, working closely and supporting Maintenance Control with materials/spares requirements.
- Ensure all AOG, critical, and operational material requests are actioned within the required time frames, working alongside maintenance control to recover out-of-service airframes and ensure all orders are documented in the applicable MIS.
- Provide clear and concise order updates to the Planning and Maintenance Control Engineers.
- Supporting LMP requirements and ensuring assignments / de-assignments are agreed upon prior to overnight maintenance.
- Liaise with Planning at all stages of Maintenance inputs from PIM through to Post analysis (to include day loading/tasking)
- Work with the Supply Chain and Contract Manager to review all component and material base stocks monthly to identify requirements for both increased holdings and surplus/redundant holding disposals.
- Develop and deliver material support to ensure consistent high OTP and TDR for overnight maintenance.
- Liaise with both contracted and non-contracted material and pool providers.
- Continuously monitor the Electronic Pending Shelf and perform actions promptly supporting the Supply Chain and Contract Manager.
- Continuously develop work instructions and best practices to streamline the operation.
You’ll have worked in a similar role within the Aviation industry with experience in Material and Logistics systems.
You’ll understand material support disciplines and company procedures relating to unscheduled and scheduled activity with knowledge of all compliance and procedural requirements relating to Material Support and Stores. Coupled with your experience and understanding of legislation concerning material management and supply.
You must have excellent communication skills to allow you to build strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders across multiple departments, both operational and commercial/financial. In a constantly changing environment, you’ll be able to work using your initiative and have an organised approach to work, prioritising your workload.
Great to have’s: –
- Experience in AOG materials desk operations in Aerospace.
- Experience in SMS with engineering or technical background.
In return, we’ll offer you an environment where you can thrive and develop further as we grow. It’s an exciting time to join the business where you will have the ability to make an impact and help Flybe be successful.
The closing date for this role is 14th August 2022, but please don’t delay in sending your CV as we’d love to start reviewing applications straight away and may close the advert early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
You must have the eligibility to live and work in the UK.