IT Support Engineer
We’ve taking to the skies and are looking for a talented individual to join the our IT team as an IT Support Engineer.
We’re on a journey as a new company taking the much-loved flybe brand into a new era. Putting our customers and team mates at the heart of everything we do, our motto is ‘smile and go the extra mile’.
We are in the business of serving the demand for faster and easier connections in a friendly, responsible, and sustainable way. Our talented people really are the key to our success and future ambitions. At flybe you can really be yourself and we celebrate and value the differences that make us all unique.
You will support the Director of IT in delivering IT transformation, enabling a truly value adding function by building and providing a simple, safe, adaptable and effective IT foundation for the business.
- Proactive delivery of incident management support services using the Service Desk ITSM tool ensuring tickets are raised and assigned to the appropriate resolver groups
- Take ownership of issues and follow up status on behalf of users communicating in a timely manner
- Work closely with Service Desk and other external IT vendors as needed to triage and resolve incidents and problems
- Proactive delivery of problem management identifying root causes and permanent fixes
- Support the IT change management process, testing proposed changes when needed and supporting change implementation including out of hours as needed
- Document relevant IT processes and procedures, including draft end user guides
- IT asset management maintaining an accurate register of stock, demand and replenishment needs ensuring all assets are accounted for and users aren’t impacted by unavailability
- Provide support for the Executive Management team (CEO, COO, CCO, CTO) and Directors ensuring a professional and proactive response to minimise any business impact from IT issues
- Act as delivery lead on small projects and support the Director of IT on larger projects as needed
- Continuous building and maintenance of personal knowledge across IT disciplines to ensure up-to-date knowledge, understanding and skills
You’ll be educated to A level standard or equivalent plus significant experience in a relevant IT support role. You’ll have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows desktop OS, Office 365 and Azure products (including their configuration, deployment, and support) and knowledge of networking, LAN and Wi-Fi technologies.
Other essential criteria:-
- Exceptional customer service skills with a proactive approach to understanding and resolving users’ technical issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to manage users’ expectations including engagement, communication, and interpersonal skills to Director and C-Suite level
- Ability to work with external vendors including in offshore locations
- Ability to run and implement small projects
- A flexible approach with working hours outside core office hours e.g. support changes or major incident management when required
- Understanding of ITIL service management (incident, problem, change and asset management)
- Experience with Microsoft Intune and MDM tools
- Experience with CISCO Meraki infrastructure
- Understanding of cybersecurity principles and protocols
In return, we’ll offer you an environment where you can really thrive and be part of a high performing team. It’s a really exciting time to join the business where you will have the ability to make an impact and help flybe be successful.
Things to know
The closing date for this role is 8th August 2022 but please don’t delay in applying as we’d love to start reviewing applications straight away and may close the advert early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
You must have the eligibility to live and work in the UK