Finance Business Partner
We’re looking for two talented qualified Accountants to join the Finance team as Finance Business Partners . Reporting into the Director of Finance, you will deliver a professional service to either the Commercial or Operations teams.
We will also consider candidates who would like an interim contract opportunity so please let us know during the recruitment process if you this is something you’d like to discuss.
The Commercial Finance Business Partner will support the Chief Commercial Officer, driving insightful route profitability reporting and analysis, review revenue channels and payment platforms and support implementation of revenue accounting system and supporting processes.
The Operations Finance Business Partner will support the Chief Operations & Experience Officer by development of airport and cargo revenue reporting and continual review and improvement of processes to manage all operational costs ensuring adherence to contractual arrangements.
We’re on a journey as a new company taking the much-loved flybe brand into a new era. Putting our customers and colleagues at the heart of everything we do, our motto is ‘smile and go the extra mile’.
We are in the business of serving the demand for faster and easier connections in a friendly, responsible, and sustainable way. Our talented colleagues are the key to our success and future ambitions, come and join our super hardworking and friendly team.
We’re inclusive and at flybe you can really be yourself. We celebrate and value the differences that make us all unique
Working closely with the Director of Finance and wider Finance team to deliver business objectives to key business areas which will be achieved by advising and influencing decision making through best practice and timely data and insight.
You will combine your accounting skills with effective management and concise communication to both financial and non-financial management.
Your key responsibilities will be:-
Supporting & Driving Business Performance
- Contributing to the delivery of flybe’s financial performance through identification of trends, insights and opportunities for the purpose of improving business performance
- Producing detailed monthly management accounts, variance analysis and commentaries to support decision making
- Working with key stakeholders across the business ensuring financial information supports business decisions – business partnering
- Managing and monitoring finance related contracts, including dealing with any issues, disputes or renewals
- Preparation and management of reports required for third party contractual requirements
Business Planning & Budgeting
- Co-ordinating and directing the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts. Commissioning and undertaking budgeting analysis, budgeting and forecasting activities
Establishing & Maintaining Effectiveness of Systems & Controls
- Implementing, developing, and promoting the Finance system ensuring the system responds to business and commercial needs
- Ensuring appropriate and effective controls implemented covering all financial transactions and associated financial reporting
You will be a qualified Accountant with experience in business partnering in a fast-paced, consumer facing environment, preferably (but not essentially) in an aviation environment.
- A relevant Accountancy Qualification, e.g. Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) or the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)
- Significant experience in monthly and annual reporting
- Proven experience producing budgets and forecasting
- Advanced skills of analysis and interpretation
- Advanced Excel skills and competent experience of Microsoft Office Suite, experience of effectively working with finance systems and applications and able to adapt and learn new systems and continuously developing systems for lean and straightforward processes
You’ll have the ability to influence at all levels, whilst also being a team player and sharing best practice. You’ll be able to work under pressure and manage own priorities in an organised way.
If you have experience in either the aviation or a similar start up company where you have experience of setting up new systems and processes , this would be advantageous.
In return, we’ll offer you an environment where you can really thrive and be part of a high performing team. It’s a really exciting time to join the business where you will have the ability to make an impact and help Flybe be successful.
The closing date for this role is 22ndJuly 2022 but please don’t delay in sending your CV as we’d love to start reviewing applications straight away and may close the advert early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.